Ace Marra's 5 Pre-College "Compositions"

Peb 17, 2009

Author: Ace Marra
Title: Ace Marra's 5 Pre-College Compositions
Response to: Heinz's The Looking Back Challenge
Type: a collection of poems
Author's Notes: All of these were written when I was in fourth year high school. I didn't have any idea that I would end up in Creative Writing (and that I would be writing in Filipino too). Please don't judge me. XD


Behind the Clouds

The stars hid behind the clouds
Silently finding the bounds
Of there where a planet rounds
Zillions of miles from the grounds

Look up at the dark night sky
Feast your eyes and heave a sigh
Surrender your heart and cry
It's your last to see a lie

Taste the pain as if it's yours
Find where the thorn sinks and bores
Time is gold, you helpless whores
Let the star trace its own course

You are born to cry and bleed
There's no time to raise your creed
Have only yourself to lead
Others die for you to heed

Erase those damned illusions
Eliminate emotions
Hug tightly the depression
Enjoy all the commotion

Behind the clouds you must hide
Use the planets as your guide
Like the way to you they lied
Pursuing stars to collide.


Words of an Illiterate

Next to me, the stars await
Of words that were said too late
These are the moments that I hate
Times that illusions create

Search my body for my soul
You'll find it dead as a ghoul
Squeeze my heart and make a hole
See me smile and play my role

My words don't spill like my blood
I kept them; they're all I had
In this world that is so mad
No one believes in my ballad

Depression sinks into me
Weird though, it makes me lively
Once again, people shall see
Their own damned hypocrisy

Fear not to make a mistake
Just always find what's at stake
Enjoy the pain and the ache
Keep your words, they're all you'll rake.


Confused

Bright sunny sky
Fill my heart with sense
Stop denying what's been dying
Stop ending what has already ended.


Grim

Sugar candies and sweet pies
Loneliness and red wet eyes
Something to sink your teeth into
When there's nobody to talk to

Make friends with Hansel and Gretel
Burn the wicked witch in hell
Toothaches and heartaches become one
The gingerbread house is going down.


Grieving

I could not help but cry
Because of this broken tie
All along t'was a lie
And all I care's to die.




0 ang nagmamahal:

kamakailan lamang

maaari kang bumalik, kung gusto mo.

Powered By Blogger