It's hard to be a mom

Set 24, 2008

Especially when you're single with 5 kids.

I don't wanna trace back why I am the mom of the group. The memory is traumatizing. The thought itself carries a life-long disturbance.

My kids (Atsy Gel, Manong Miggy, Rainbow, the Twins - Jamie and Fourth) insisted that we must have a family name. In short, they want a daddy. (There was an original daddy, and they denounced him because he is SO denouncable. Damn, who wouldn't denounce this guy?)

I told them they were made out of play-dohs. So no daddy. But they are slaves of social construct, so they still believe we should have a daddy in our family.

And since that day when THEY decided that a family is not complete without a daddy, they started spotting out guys for me. Unfortunately, they don't have taste - I know they intend to, that's the only way they can make fun of me. They pick out random guys that we/I sort of know and when they start giggling and muttering words of disgust, I already know what they're up to.

I can't imagine what they're imagining whenever they do that.

So, officially THEY have 5 daddies.

1. That he-who-must-not-be-named. THEY are not allowed to speak/mutter/blabber/stutter that name. One who does receives a piercing glance from mom (me!), and of course, silence.

2. That guy. And I don't know why. This is Atsy Gel's fault, it's her own imagination. Creative Writers have this tendency to go way beyond their imagination, they somehow experience the metaphysical. And I think that occurred to her that moment.

3. He's daddy. He's okay for me, but the kids are scared of him. Especially Jamie. Fourth said that he'll only denounce daddy if I do the same thing (I denounced daddies 1 and 2).

4. Atsy Gel and Jamie's fault. They said I was making eyes with this guy, which is not true! I don't make eyes with guys! I don't flirt or give motives or whatsoever. I totally denounce him.

5. Hehe, I admit I have a crush on this guy - which is transcendent and is way beyond the physical level. So, a forever crush. Once again, a happy crush. Well, he's good and cute so no one has the conscience to denounce him.

Now, my kids (Atsy Gel and Jamie always initiate things like this) created a counter-theory to my play-doh theory. They said that since we have five daddies and there are five kids, each of them has a different father. I don't know how to explain the Twins, but...they don't look alike so it's natural for them to think that they all have the same mother, and different fathers. Yuck. I don't even have plans on getting married, and now I have a crazy family as a single mom.

I disagreed with them so they planned to spot more daddies starting tomorrow.


Now I ask myself,

what kind of lives do we lead

that we play this kind of game?

0 ang nagmamahal:

kamakailan lamang

maaari kang bumalik, kung gusto mo.

Powered By Blogger